Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I have never been the kind of girl that knew the style of dress I wanted for my wedding, I never had a particular venue in mind, infact I always thought i'd fly away to a paradise island and get married just me and him in the sunshine.

However, my other half is very family orientated and wanted to have all our friends and family with us...so I had a challenge ahead. All I knew is that I didn't want a traditional style wedding, so my search for ideas began.

Tuesday, 3 May 2011

The Hen Do...Hello Glasgow!

Well what a weekend that was! Every minute was filled with laughs, two of us started off the day watching The Royal Wedding, the girls came flowing in, the vodka and lemonade's were being poured, we sat commenting on Kate's dress, how stunning her sister looked, how silly some of the hats were, what it would possibly be like to live in the Palace and 'wowed' at the crowds of people stood outside when the lovely couple went up on the balcony for 'the kiss'.

I sat and got my nails done, while we chatted more, drunk more, ate more and laughed more as the day went on. My friend and hairdresser on the big day, popped in with a hen do balloon, a bride to be tiara and a so cute princess shot glass - such a lovely surprise!


Chilling out in the sunshine.

Late afternoon the Chief Bridesmaid, also my sister-in-law to be, arrived with a few of the grooms family members, lots of alcohol, nibbles and the bits she had bought to enable us to decorate our own t-shirts for the hen do! We were all worried that designing our own t-shirts would turn out to be a disaster, as many of the girls said they weren't very creative - we turned out to be totally wrong! It was such fun, we all got stuck in and produced some very lovely t-shirts - I love the fact that they were all so different and original, and showed off our individual personalities...

The sister in law to be shows off her...cupcakes..

Holly is totally in love with her dogs, who are treated very much like children, so we designed her this top in her absence...


Jess in her 'amazing' t-shirt - I'm just not so sure....



And my t-shirt...B is for Becci. And for Bride.


I got a special Bride sign for my t-shirt as well...


T-shirt making took us up to the late hours of the day, so once they were finished we called it a night, had to get some shut eye ready for the Glasgow Adventure!

The day arrived...

We got up, all had a natter, a brew and slowly all managed to get a shower, then it was time to jump on the mini bus, very kindly driven by the grooms dad, and we were on our way!

The journey up to Glasgow was hilarious, we were all so excited, my friend Sarah had made us all hen survival kits, these were little pink party bags including a bottle of water, a pink plastic wine glass, a plaster, paracetamol, a nail file, chewing gum and some cereal snacks, they were such a good idea, I loved them! The pink champagne was cracked open pretty much as soon as we were on the motorway, and we knew the weekend had began!


Almost at Glasgow, Hannah decided to dress me up in L Plates, a 'bride to be sash', a veil and a whistle - although I had said I didn't want all the typical hen do bits, I should have expected it really. I embraced it and kept it on for the rest of the afternoon. She had involved my hubby to be in an activity and had got him to answer a few personal questions about me, some were wrong, but all in all he did OK!

Once in Glasgow we dropped our bags at the hotel reception and headed straight down to the cheerleading place - this was hilarious, the wine and pink sambuca shots mixed with our lack of co-ordination made for a funny show!


After the cheesy cheerleading antics we headed back up to the hotel to get our glad rags on, then off we went to the karaoke booth at Mansion House...These things are amazing!!!

I was recovering from a cold and had an annoying croaky voice, but still I was made to do a solo..so I choose Spice Girls - Stop, then me and Deborah sang Beautiful South - Perfect 10 (one from our childhood memories), me and the sister in law to be sung Elbow - One day like this and Me and Jess totally ruined Joy Division - Love will tear us apart, but we did do our very best Ian Curtis dancing, which added to the hilarity of it!




Next came the meal, again at Mansion House, which was absolutely gorgeous, brilliant service and the table was set out so that all 15 of us could see each other and chat, I would highly recommend it!

After the meal we went on to a lovely cocktail bar for some fishbowls and a boogie, and then onto a nightclub for some cheesy dancing and lots of drinks...the girls slowly dwindled away from there until just 4 of us were left..we carried on until the end, the last 4 standing, until I decided to take a trip to the pavement right outside the hotel...then there was 3.


So, apart from my grazed knee (from the fall), my sore toe (from my shoes) and my sore finger (from I have no idea what) we had all made it through the night in one piece!

Next stop...The Grooms aunties in Glasgow for what must have been the best breakfast we have ever eaten....


and then home, back to the sunny North West!!! What an amazing weekend!!!

I'll be off now, but 'll leave you with this...My adorable husband to be while on his stag do in Berlin. I am such a lucky lady!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had the most fantastic time and what a perfect way to start the wkend with the Royal Wedding.

    I LOVED the personalised T-Shirts! The "Reem" one is my fav ;o)

    Loving the Unidentified Party Bruising too (UPB) you have to have a few drunken injuries xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it was such a laugh all the way through the weekend. Oh dear, I can't stand that programme haha, She continued to say ' reem ' all weekend, I should learn to ignore her haha. Not long til our weddings now, how exciting.xxx

    ReplyDelete