Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I have never been the kind of girl that knew the style of dress I wanted for my wedding, I never had a particular venue in mind, infact I always thought i'd fly away to a paradise island and get married just me and him in the sunshine.

However, my other half is very family orientated and wanted to have all our friends and family with us...so I had a challenge ahead. All I knew is that I didn't want a traditional style wedding, so my search for ideas began.

Thursday, 14 April 2011

Sneak Preview

As the days are passing by, my house is quickly filling up with bits for the wedding, the spare room is full of sweets, cake stands and shoes, my sideboard is a storage place for my jars, and little bits that I've made, my dining table has constant bits of ribbon, scissors, glue sticks and paper all over, the coffee table is normally covered in notebooks, RSVP's, eBay packages and wedding related papers.

I'm normally a tidy person and everything needs a home, so it's hard to deal with but it's my own stuff and I know it's all for a good reason so I am coping.

I thought I'd up a few pictures as a sneak preview of some of the bits...I can't wait to see it all come together on the day.


My wooden hearts and rectangles ready to be painted with chalkboard paint.




My collection of sweets!


I made these cute little picks to pop into marshmallow and cupcakes on the candy buffet table.



My collection of jars so far. Taking over my side board. I am in the process of making up some tags to attach to ribbon with the names of the sweets on and I will tie around the jars.


More to follow when I have produced some more cute little bits.xxx

1 comment:

  1. Love it (the cocktail stick signs are super)... Our table sounds just like yours, there's no hope of dinner at it at the moment ;o)

    It will be worth all the mess xxx

    ReplyDelete