Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I have never been the kind of girl that knew the style of dress I wanted for my wedding, I never had a particular venue in mind, infact I always thought i'd fly away to a paradise island and get married just me and him in the sunshine.

However, my other half is very family orientated and wanted to have all our friends and family with us...so I had a challenge ahead. All I knew is that I didn't want a traditional style wedding, so my search for ideas began.

Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Retro Decorations - a few ideas...

I've had so much fun looking at decorations or my wedding day, I want quite a diy look, nothing too perfect and traditional looking. Retro and vintage is such a fun theme and there are so many options to put your own mark on your big day.

Buntings -

I've bought myself 30 metres of plain white cotton bunting to put around the reception room, I got this on Ebay from somebody who makes them to order at a very good price, but there are so many options to suit any colour scheme.

The Cotton Bunting Company

Not On The High Street

Just Darling

Cloth Ears

Paper chains:

I've also ordered this paper chain from the East of India Range, how adorable! These can be bought from quite a few places, i've seen them on Cox and Cox and on ebay.



Cloth Ears also do a few cute paper chains:



Wedding signs and plaques add a touch of vintage style to any wedding day, i'm still to decide on which one(s) I want, there are just so many cute ones around:

Cox and Cox Wedding Sign



Rustic Angels Mr And Mrs Sign




Tables:

You could present your table numbers or names on each table in a vintage style frame such as this from floral frame Cath Kidston or this shabby chic frame from Rustic Angels, or you could get some card and or small chalk boards to write the numbers on and prop them on these mini easels from Ikea.








These are just a few little touches you can add to your venue, there are so many options, it's all good fun deciding on what to choose!x

1 comment: