Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I have never been the kind of girl that knew the style of dress I wanted for my wedding, I never had a particular venue in mind, infact I always thought i'd fly away to a paradise island and get married just me and him in the sunshine.

However, my other half is very family orientated and wanted to have all our friends and family with us...so I had a challenge ahead. All I knew is that I didn't want a traditional style wedding, so my search for ideas began.

Sunday, 6 February 2011

My Handmade Invitations

I found it quite hard deciding how to design my invitations, I wanted to make them myself and as we have a lot of people coming I wanted them to be fairly simple so they were not to time consuming to make. I researched retro and 1950's invites and got a lot of ideas, but couldn't seem to find many that involved me getting creative myself rather than printing them all.

There will be a candy buffet on the day, all done by myself with a little help from friends and family, so I thought this would be a good theme to carry through out the day - nothing screams retro like a good old selection of sweets!

Here are the invitations I have made:

 Ceremony:


Evening Reception:

No comments:

Post a Comment