Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I have never been the kind of girl that knew the style of dress I wanted for my wedding, I never had a particular venue in mind, infact I always thought i'd fly away to a paradise island and get married just me and him in the sunshine.

However, my other half is very family orientated and wanted to have all our friends and family with us...so I had a challenge ahead. All I knew is that I didn't want a traditional style wedding, so my search for ideas began.

Sunday, 6 February 2011

My Dress

Ok, so I had the bridesmaid dresses sorted, then it was time to think about my dress. I decided on a shorter 1950's style to tie in with my bridesmaids, and I loved the idea of having some amazing shoes on show!

I spoke with Louise O'Mahony who was making my bridesmaid dresses and she said she could make my dress too. I put forward my ideas to her and together we designed it. She finished it for me in January and I absolutely love it! I could never see myself in a traditional long wedding dress, so this is very 'me' and I can't wait to wear it. I will post photos after the big day.

Here are a few websites and dresses that I used for inspiration:

Whirling Turban


Stephanie James Couture - Daphne Dress




Also Honey Pie Boutique and all of Candy Anthony dresses, which are absolutely amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your retro-fabulous dress! x

    ReplyDelete