Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I have never been the kind of girl that knew the style of dress I wanted for my wedding, I never had a particular venue in mind, infact I always thought i'd fly away to a paradise island and get married just me and him in the sunshine.

However, my other half is very family orientated and wanted to have all our friends and family with us...so I had a challenge ahead. All I knew is that I didn't want a traditional style wedding, so my search for ideas began.

Sunday, 6 February 2011

How I came to choosing a 50's style wedding

As I didn't have a clue what style wedding dress I wanted and had no plans for a particular theme, I started with my bridesmaids. I knew who I wanted as bridesmaids, I choose my younger sister, my sister-in-law to be and my three best friends. As they are all different shapes and sizes I began my search for dresses that would suit them all. I knew I didn't want traditional bridesmaid dresses and I had an idea of what I wanted to spend in my head.After researching styles that suited all shapes, I eventually decided on 1950's style dresses, they are so cute and fun, and of course retro - which I love!

Now I knew what I wanted, it was time to find the right dresses at the right price...this is when I found Louise O'Mahony. She is a dressmaker based in Brighton and makes fabulous 1950's style dresses at a very good price. She has recently made all of my bridesmaid dresses in this wonderful pink and white polka dot fabric, and I am so excited to see all my bridesmaids in them - they are all coming for a dress fitting on 20th February, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment