Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I have never been the kind of girl that knew the style of dress I wanted for my wedding, I never had a particular venue in mind, infact I always thought i'd fly away to a paradise island and get married just me and him in the sunshine.

However, my other half is very family orientated and wanted to have all our friends and family with us...so I had a challenge ahead. All I knew is that I didn't want a traditional style wedding, so my search for ideas began.

Saturday, 26 February 2011

1950's style dresses



Since deciding on a retro wedding and beginning my research and plans I have seen so many lovely retro and vintage inspired dresses.

I have always loved the look, but have never really worn anything of this style because I haven't felt confident enough. Over the past year or so, I have become more confident with trying new clothes, wearing bright colours together, showing of my curves rather than trying to hide them and I love to add a bit of fun to my outfits now.

So much so that I have just ordered this cute 50's style Kitsch Print Dress from lovemitsy:


Today, I have discovered one of my new favorite retro websites, DollyDagger. There are some lovely 1950's style dresses on there. Here are a few examples:


They also have some gorgeous shoes, aswell as loads of cute accessories and other clothing items:













Rockabilly Pin Up also has a good collection of dresses:




Here is my personal favorite, I adore the neckline on this dress, and may treat myself to this style for my hen do outfit:




This one is another one of my favorite dresses, in a vintage floral fabric, it's Oh My Honey by Louise O'mahony, the brilliant dressmaker from Brighton who has made all my bridesmaid dresses and my wedding dress. Unfortunately this dress is a one off and isn't in my size so I can't have it, but it's so cute I just enjoy looking at every so often.



A website I use all the time and am very familiar with is ASOS, and I have seen some 50's style dresses on here lately that would be perfect for guests to 50's weddings, that want to fit in with the theme of the day.







High street shop's such as Topshop also have a few pretty dresses, a little bit more casual and but gorgeous for summer:






I think my wardrobe will be getting quite full with all these stunning dresses I have found, and I am definitely loving the idea of getting more dresses made up by Oh My Honey! x

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh we all deserve a new Hen Do dress, go for it!

    I'm get Louise to make me the same dress that she's made for my bridesmaids but in black so I can wear it again and again :o)

    Can't wait to see your new ensemble and the Hen piccies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided not to go for the dress, not sure how it would look so didn't dare get it made. Ordered a cute skirt though and going to add a petticoat under for my hen do I think...oooh i'm so excited. That's a fab idea about the dress in black, they are stunning them dresses, so cute.x

    ReplyDelete